Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe, given to me by a co-worker, is from Food Management. I haven't made it yet due to my husband's aversion to cream cheese, but it sounds delicious. Who could go wrong with this tasty combo?
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 8 slices sourdough bread, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh, divided
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons brandy (or lemon juice)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a bowl, stir together cream cheese and confectioner's sugar.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on four slices of bread, dividing equally. Top with 1 cup of blueberries and cover with remaining bread slices.
- In another bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Whisk in milk, brandy, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Pour mixture into a wide, shallow dish (for dredging sandwiches).
- In a skillet, heat oil and butter over medium heat.
- Dredge both sides of each sandwich in egg mixture.
- Fry in skillet (turning once) for about five minutes on each side or until both sides are golden brown. Keep warm in a low oven until ready to serve.
- Cut each sandwich in half (on a diagonal) to make four servings.