Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a reduced-fat version of a delicious breakfast casserole that comes out beautifully.
- 1 loaf whole wheat french bread or 1 loaf French bread
- 4 cups fresh blueberries or 4 cups frozen blueberries
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups egg substitute or 7 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat-free evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- Slice loaf into 8 very thin (1/2 inch) slices and 8 thick (1 inch) slices. Place the 8 thin slices into the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan.
- Spread blueberries evenly over thin bread.
- In a bowl combine cream cheese, yogurt, sugar, and vanilla. Spread mixture over blueberries.
- Place thick bread slices over cream cheese mixture.
- Beat egg substitute, milk, evaporated milk, cinnamon, and nutmeg and pour over bread.
- Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes covered,and then uncover and bake for 15 more minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- To serve, take out individual slices and flip over so blueberry and cream topping is on top. Sift powdered sugar over the top and serve.