Prep 12 hrs
Cook 40 mins
The bread became very soft after soaking all night! I don't like to waste ANY food! I do whatever I can to use food to it's best and fullest! We had part of a French bread loaf for the other day that had grown quite hard. I thought I'd try to make a French toast bake, even though it wasn't soft! It was great! Although we did not eat this for dinner today, it would make a lovely "light" dinner!
- 1⁄2 loaf French bread, sliced and stale
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 dash cinnamon
- handful blueberries
- In bowl, whisk the milk, eggs, sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut bread into 1/2 inch slices and spread on bottom of 8x8-inch baking dish or equivalent.
- Pour egg mixture over bread. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 350°F. Uncover and sprinkle with blueberries. Bake 35-40 minutes, until golden brown on top and eggs have cooked through.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve warm with syrup and fruit!