Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Daily Recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs
- 10 slices French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (1-inch thick)
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- powdered sugar
- blueberry syrup or maple syrup
- Generously grease a 2 1/2 quart casserole or 9/13 baking dish.
- Beat flour, milk, sugar, vanilla, salt and eggs in a large bowl by hand until smooth. Stir in bread cubes until coated.
- Pour bread mixture into pan. top evenly with cream cheese, blueberries and nuts.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Uncover and bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and sere with syrup.
Great recipe. We ate this for dinner tonight; what a hit. I took the advice of eLTee and added 1 t. vanilla. I also added about 1/4 c. of flax seed meal to the egg mixture for some more added fiber. Thank you for sharing!
I can't remember where I found this recipe years ago, but I love this too. When I don't have fresh blueberries I use frozen with just as much success. DELICIOUS! Thank you for posting this recipe!
Very Nice flavor. Only thing I did differently was to add a whole tsp of vanilla. Next time around I also think I will add some cinnamon. This will be ideal for Christmas morning breakfast as you can make day before and pop in the oven next morning! Thanks internetnut!!