1 hr 20 mins
Nana Lee's Note:
I saw this recipe on a cooking show, don't remember which one, I was too busy copying the recipe. The reason I wanted it is because it can be made up the night before and baked in the morning. I love recipes like that for breakfast! Beside...blueberries AND french toast? MMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lightly grease 13 x 9 inch bake pan.
- 2Set oven at 350 degrees.
- 3Spread half the bread in bottom of bakepan.
- 4Sprinkle with as many blueberries as you like, I use 1 1/2 cups.
- 5Slice cream cheese over blueberry layer in 1/4 slices, may not take all 8 oz.
- 6Top with remaining half of torn up bread.
- 7Drizzle this layer with maple syrup to your taste.
- 8At this point, the casserole can be covered and refrigerated overnight.
- 9Beat eggs and pour over all, making sure to cover all.
- 10Tamp all down to make sure eggs are absorbed.
- 11Sprinkle liberally, to taste, with cinnamon sugar.
- 12This step can be done in the morning just before baking.
- 13Bake first 30 minutes covered and second half hour uncovered. 1 hour total.
- 14N.B. To make smaller amount use ratio of 1 egg to 1 slice bread, then adjust the remaining ingredients.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.3
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 215.7 mg
- Sodium 288.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 9.1 g