Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I saw this recipe on a cooking show, don't remember which one, I was too busy copying the recipe. The reason I wanted it is because it can be made up the night before and baked in the morning. I love recipes like that for breakfast! Beside...blueberries AND french toast? MMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!
- Lightly grease 13 x 9 inch bake pan.
- Set oven at 350 degrees.
- Spread half the bread in bottom of bakepan.
- Sprinkle with as many blueberries as you like, I use 1 1/2 cups.
- Slice cream cheese over blueberry layer in 1/4 slices, may not take all 8 oz.
- Top with remaining half of torn up bread.
- Drizzle this layer with maple syrup to your taste.
- At this point, the casserole can be covered and refrigerated overnight.
- Beat eggs and pour over all, making sure to cover all.
- Tamp all down to make sure eggs are absorbed.
- Sprinkle liberally, to taste, with cinnamon sugar.
- This step can be done in the morning just before baking.
- Bake first 30 minutes covered and second half hour uncovered. 1 hour total.
- N.B. To make smaller amount use ratio of 1 egg to 1 slice bread, then adjust the remaining ingredients.
Very easy and quick and convenient. I used frozen blueberries and lots of cinnamon sugar. My husband loved it and he's not a big french toast fan. Thank you!
This was easy to make. The adults enjoyed this dish but the kids did not like it. I think this would be a good brunch dish for adults.