1/1 Photo of Blueberry Fool
A classic English dessert, perfect for summer and simple, too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan, combine blueberries,water, maple syrup and herbs.
- 2Bring to a simmer over high heat, stirring constantly until the liquid has thickened and berries have popped, about 3-5 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat and transfer into a heat-proof bowl or measuring cup and purée using an immersion blender. You can also transfer into a standing blender and purée until smooth.
- 4Refrigerate until completely chilled.
- 5Make Berry Cream.
- 6Whip cream, sugar and salt in a standing mixer or large bowl until stiff peaks form and it starts to look a little lumpy (this is generally considered "over-whipped").
- 7Pour in 1/2 cup of chilled bb syrup (reserve remainder for the assembly), and whip on high to incorporate.
- 8Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the bowl, then whisk one more time to assure that streaks don't remain.
- 10Distribute the remaining berries between 4 serving bowls or glasses.
- 11Dollop the berry cream over top of each, and drizzle with remaining berry syrup. Finish with an herb garnish. Serve cold.
- 12Note: the syrup can be refrigerated in an airtight container for a week, and the berry cream can be made and refrigerated for up to 24 hours. You can assemble the fools ahead of time in the serving vessels minus the syrup and garnish, covered in plastic wrap and refrigerated for up to 24 hours.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Fool
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.6
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 81.5 mg
- Sodium 129.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 28.1 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: