Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a delicious replacement for blueberry pancakes or blueberry muffins...I guess it's a hybrid of the two. Plus, it's so fast to put together! I found this in "Best American Recipes, 1999." June 2008 -- I just realized that I entered the recipe wrong, asking for 8 tb water instead of 8 tb butter...this may explain why the recipe was too dry for the reviewer. Oops!! I've corrected the recipe now.
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk, plus
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup frozen blueberries, thawed and drained or 1 cup fresh blueberries
- cinnamon sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F with a rack on the middle level. Butter a baking sheet.
- Mix dry ingredients. Cut in the butter until the size of peas.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl, then beat in the milk.
- Add the blueberries to the dry ingredients, then add the egg mixture quickly, stirring just until moist -- the mixture will be sticky.
- Pat out the dough 1/2 inch thick on a cookie sheet into a rough 9 x 12 inch rectangle. If desired, sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake until slightly risen and browned, about 12 minutes. Break apart into chunks.
This was good but I found it to be a bit dry, it tastes great but it did need a little more blueberries in it, this is like a huge muffin! thanks for sharing Aunt Cookie!...Kitten:)