Recipe by Dorel
You will never have soggy crusts again if you make your pie like this. You can make this and freeze it for using later. UPDATE: I just finished doing it in the microwave, so much easier than standing over a pot stirring. It took about 15 minutes, stirring after the first 5 min and every couple minutes until thick and clear looking. I added the cornstarch mixture after the first 5 minutes.
Top Review by lumesumjana
wow this worked well I used 1/4 cup corn starch and 2/3 cup sugar...and guess what? 1 cup really super finely shredded zucchini it sounds crazy but it picks up the blueberry flavor and color...the kids will NEVER know...it stretches the recipe out a bit and uses up some of summers harvest highly recommended as is (and with the sneaky veggie option)
- 946.36 ml blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 158.51-236.59 ml sugar (I use 2/3 cup as we don't like our pies too sweet)
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- 59.14-78.07 ml cornstarch (depending on how thick you like your filling)
- 59.14 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy saucepan mix together blueberries, sugar and lemon juice.
- Over medium heat bring to boil, stirring frequently.
- Mix cornstarch with water to make a paste.
- Pour into berry mixture, stirring constantly until thick.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- You can now freeze it or use for pie.
- Bake at 400*F for about 35 minutes.