1/9 Photos of Blueberry Filling for Pies
You will never have soggy crusts again if you make your pie like this. You can make this and freeze it for using later. UPDATE: I just finished doing it in the microwave, so much easier than standing over a pot stirring. It took about 15 minutes, stirring after the first 5 min and every couple minutes until thick and clear looking. I added the cornstarch mixture after the first 5 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a heavy saucepan mix together blueberries, sugar and lemon juice.
- 2Over medium heat bring to boil, stirring frequently.
- 3Mix cornstarch with water to make a paste.
- 4Pour into berry mixture, stirring constantly until thick.
- 5Remove from heat and let cool.
- 6You can now freeze it or use for pie.
- 7Bake at 400*F for about 35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Filling for Pies
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.8
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 32.2 g
- Protein 0.7 g