You will never have soggy crusts again if you make your pie like this. You can make this and freeze it for using later. UPDATE: I just finished doing it in the microwave, so much easier than standing over a pot stirring. It took about 15 minutes, stirring after the first 5 min and every couple minutes until thick and clear looking. I added the cornstarch mixture after the first 5 minutes.
- In a heavy saucepan mix together blueberries, sugar and lemon juice.
- Over medium heat bring to boil, stirring frequently.
- Mix cornstarch with water to make a paste.
- Pour into berry mixture, stirring constantly until thick.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- You can now freeze it or use for pie.
- Bake at 400*F for about 35 minutes.