Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A chunky sweet and tart condiment/spread made with blueberries, figs, and cranberries. Spiced with onions, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, and rosemary. Chutneys are traditionally served with curried foods, but do try this on ham, chicken, roast pork, wild game or your Thanksgiving turkey. Also nice on meat and cheese platters. Mix some chutney with cream cheese for a nice spread on crackers. Mix with some oil for a quick marinade or glaze meats at the end of cooking.
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml red raspberry vinegar (6 percent acid)
- 1 red onion (1 cup finely diced)
- 1 orange, zest of
- 2.46 ml grated ginger
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml cardamom
- 0.59 ml salt
- 0.59 ml ground pepper
- 0.59 ml cayenne pepper
- 1.23 ml finely minced fresh rosemary
- 946.36 ml diced fresh figs
- 709.77 ml blueberries, frozen or 709.77 ml fresh blueberries
- 236.59 ml frozen cranberries
- Sterilize jars, lids and rings.
- In a non-reactive pot place first 11 ingredients bring to a boil and reduce to simmer, simmering for 15 minutes uncovered.
- Add figs, 1 cup blueberries and cranberries bring to a boil then reduce to simmer for 20 minutes uncovered. Stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining blueberries return to boil and then reduce to simmer for 20 more minutes. Till the consistency you like.
- Ladle into hot sterilized jars leaving 1/2 inch head space. Wipe rims and place lids and tighten rings.
- Process for 10 minutes in a hot water bath.
- Shut off flame and let sit uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Remove to a draft free spot to cool.
- Or freeze in containers for 3 months or refrigerate for 3 months.