1/3 Photos of Blueberry, Fig Chutney
1 hr 20 mins
A chunky sweet and tart condiment/spread made with blueberries, figs, and cranberries. Spiced with onions, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, and rosemary. Chutneys are traditionally served with curried foods, but do try this on ham, chicken, roast pork, wild game or your Thanksgiving turkey. Also nice on meat and cheese platters. Mix some chutney with cream cheese for a nice spread on crackers. Mix with some oil for a quick marinade or glaze meats at the end of cooking.
My Private Note
1/2 pin ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup red raspberry vinegar (6 percent acid)
- 1 red onion (1 cup finely diced)
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon finely minced fresh rosemary
- 4 cups diced fresh figs
- 3 cups blueberries, frozen or 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup frozen cranberries
- 1Sterilize jars, lids and rings.
- 2In a non-reactive pot place first 11 ingredients bring to a boil and reduce to simmer, simmering for 15 minutes uncovered.
- 3Add figs, 1 cup blueberries and cranberries bring to a boil then reduce to simmer for 20 minutes uncovered. Stirring occasionally.
- 4Add remaining blueberries return to boil and then reduce to simmer for 20 more minutes. Till the consistency you like.
- 5Ladle into hot sterilized jars leaving 1/2 inch head space. Wipe rims and place lids and tighten rings.
- 6Process for 10 minutes in a hot water bath.
- 7Shut off flame and let sit uncovered for 5 minutes.
- 8Remove to a draft free spot to cool.
- 9Or freeze in containers for 3 months or refrigerate for 3 months.
Browse Our Top Chutneys Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chutneys Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry, Fig Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (34 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 44.7
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red raspberry vinegar
oranges, zest of