Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Quick and easy, these are still delicious. I love these warm from the oven with butter and lemon curd!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 425°F Grease a baking tray or line the baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the blueberries.
- Add the milk and mix to make a smooth dough (you may not need all of the milk). Knead lightly for ten seconds on a lightly floured surface. Roll to about 3/4" thick and either cut into individual scones or cut into wedges.
- Bake for approximately 8-12 minutes.
These were wonderful scones! We love scones with fresh fruit and real butter!!! Yum! Made them for breakfast this morning! Easy and if one follows the directions and uses fresh blueberries... you won't have any problems. This recipe is deserving of the five stars. To not follow the recipe and complain that the results are less deserving is ludicrous to me. Thank you for a great recipe! Always, Jelly :)
This is a very easy recipe to make. Liked how light and tender the scones were. Not a sweet scone and My family liked them very much. Thank You. Made for ZWT6 No-Nonsense Nibblers.
I would suggest thawing your blueberries before putting them in the batter as I encountered two problems. The blueberries thawed quite qucikly which meant a lot of excess liquid in the batter meaning I had to add around about a cup of extra flour and also as the blueberries thawed they changed the colour of the batter. The end product looked almost green. The flavour was quite nice but the appearance was unavoidably off putting. Made for ZWT6 (Voracious Vagabonds)