Recipe by lazyme
From the book Prize Winning Blueberry Recipes. I've not made this yet and did not include time for chilling this.
- 2 cups blueberries, rinsed, drained (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups water
- 4 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup sugar or 2⁄3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups heavy cream (1 pint)
- 1 cup brandy (optional) or 1 cup dark rum (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, mix blueberries and water.
- Boil gently for 15 minutes.
- Press mixture through a fine strainer.
- Pour into a bowl and chill.
- Beat eggs into blueberry puree until smooth.
- Beat in sugar, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Gradually beat in heavy cream and brandy.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Stir again before serving in punch cups.