1/6 Photos of Blueberry Ebelskiver - Æbelskiver (Danish Filled Pancake)
**You will need an Ebelskiver pan for this recipe.** These light, fluffy pancakes make a delicious breakfast treat paired with lingonberry or raspberry jam. Be adventurous, sub out the blueberries and try chocolate chips, diced bananas, raspberries, etc.... My Fav? Banana/Walnut.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 lemon, zest of
- 3 egg yolks
- 5 egg whites
- 1 1/3 cups buttermilk
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 pint blueberries
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- 1In a batter pitcher or bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, granulated sugar, salt and lemon zest. Set aside.
- 2In another bowl, lightly whisk the egg yolks.
- 3Whisk in the buttermilk and ricotta.
- 4Whisk the yolk mixture into the flour mixture until well combined; the mixture will be lumpy. Set aside.
- 5In another bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff but not dry peaks form. Using a rubber spatula, gently stir the whites into the batter in two additions.
- 6Put 1/2 teaspoons butter in each well of a ebelskiver pan.
- 7Place over medium heat and heat until the butter begins to bubble.
- 8Pour 1 Tbs. batter into each well.
- 9Place 4 blueberries in the center of the batter and top with 1 Tbs batter.
- 10Cook until the bottoms are golden brown and crispy, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 11Using 2 wooden skewers (I use chopsticks), turn the pancakes over and cook until golden brown and crispy, about 3 minutes more.
- 12Transfer to a plate.
- 13Repeat with the remaining batter and blueberries.
- 14Dust the pancakes with confectioners’ sugar and serve warm.
- 15For a savory variation fill Æbelskiver with a well chilled butter with herbs cube, grated aged cheese, or pieces of bacon or ham and omit the dusting of powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Ebelskiver - Æbelskiver (Danish Filled Pancake)
Serving Size: 1 (1338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 74.4
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 25.2 mg
- Sodium 109.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of