Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
We had family members bring recipes to our reunion picnic a few years ago and I'm going to post a few that I have not seen on Zaar. This recipe came from my Dad's cousin Alice Hagemann.
- 1 (21 ounce) can blueberry pie filling
- 1 (20 ounce) can applesauce
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄4 lb oleo (margarine)
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Spread pie filling and applesauce in bottom of greased 9x13 cake pan.Dump the dry cake mix evenly over the fruit.Cover the mix with the oleo (margarine) cut into thin slices.
- Sprinkle with nuts and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Note:Dump half of the mix and press down lightly with back of fork. Dump the rest of the mix. This will help the fruit to stick to the cake.