Prep 15 mins
Cook 16 mins
More breakfasty goodness
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup dried blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk, plus more if needed
- coarse sugar, for topping
- Preheat oven to 400°F Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Add cut up butter and toss to coat. Using your finger tips, rub the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles very coarse sand. A few large bits are ok, but try not to have any pieces larger than an average pea.
- Stir in dried blueberries. Add about 2/3 of the milk and stir. Add remaining milk gradually until the mixture comes together into a slightly sticky ball. Divide dough in eight even pieces and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with a bit of coarse sugar, if desired.
- Bake for 16-19 minutes, until scones are a light golden color. A toothpick should come out clean, but color is a reliable indicator for these.