Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
EZ way to get homemade tasting donuts without a lot of mess and fuss. Try it with cherry or banana muffin mixes too.
- Wash and drain blueberries and set aside.
- Combine muffin mix and flour.
- Add milk and egg, stir only til moistened.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Heat shortening in large skillet to 1 inch deep and 365 degrees.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls into hot oil.
- Fry until brown turning once.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Shake warm donuts in bag containing sugar and cinnamon mixture.
Oh my! My DD really thanks you for this! And so do we! Very good and we will definitely make again!
Not worth the waste of a good muffin mix and certainly not worth the time.