Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are served at "The Talk of the Town" diner in Watertown, MA and the recipe was in todays paper. They sound like a yummy way to enjoy blueberry season!
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt.
- Cut butter into mixture (it will be crumbly).
- In separate bowl, combine milk, vanilla, egg and vinegar- mix thoroughly.
- Add the milk mixture into the flour mixture and stir gently.
- Add blueberries.
- Using a large spoon, drop 10 mounds of batter onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Bake at 425 for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack- serve warm.
Pick a Chef 2005: These were tasty and the texture was lovely but not quite sweet enough for our tastes. Also, the 425 for 15-18 was a little too long in my oven (normally I don't have a problem with this). They were already over browning on the bottom after 10 minutes, so I raised the oven rack. I only left them in another 4 minutes and the bottoms still came out a little too brown. I am going to make Strawberry Shortcakes out of the rest with sweetened strawberries and whipped cream and I think that will make a nice combination. I will make these again but I will sprinkle some sugar on top before baking and reduce the oven temperature.