Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
A refreshing change from ordinary iced tea. I bet it would be good added to some other drinks also...blueberry lemonade maybe???
- 4 cups fresh blueberries or 4 cups dry-packed frozen blueberries, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place blueberries in a saucepan with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Set sieve or colander lined with cheesecloth (I use a thick papertowel) over a bowl and pour in the blueberry mixture.
- Gently press out the juice with a spoon or by twisting the cheesecloth. Discard the pulp and measure the juice into saucepan.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar for each cup of juice and cook over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to a boil and cook 2 minutes.
- Chill and pour into covered jar. Store in refrigerator.
- Add two tablespoons to each glass of prepared iced tea. Stir well and garnish with a lemon slice.