A refreshing change from ordinary iced tea. I bet it would be good added to some other drinks also...blueberry lemonade maybe???
- Place blueberries in a saucepan with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Set sieve or colander lined with cheesecloth (I use a thick papertowel) over a bowl and pour in the blueberry mixture.
- Gently press out the juice with a spoon or by twisting the cheesecloth. Discard the pulp and measure the juice into saucepan.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar for each cup of juice and cook over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to a boil and cook 2 minutes.
- Chill and pour into covered jar. Store in refrigerator.
- Add two tablespoons to each glass of prepared iced tea. Stir well and garnish with a lemon slice.
Made great blueberry Martinis!!!!! Just used this recipe again and used cherries instead and YUMMY!!
My husband loves anything blueberry. I used to make iced tea. It was a little sweet, so will adjust the sugar in the future depending on the sweetness of the blueberries. May also add a splash of lemon juice to the syrup.
Terrific recipe. The syrup was a little thin, but it tastes great, better than it would if it were store made! It's recipes like this one that make me glad I joined Recipezaar!