1/2 Photos of Blueberry Drink Syrup for Blueberry Iced Tea
Marg (CaymanDesigns)'s Note:
A refreshing change from ordinary iced tea. I bet it would be good added to some other drinks also...blueberry lemonade maybe???
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place blueberries in a saucepan with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- 2Set sieve or colander lined with cheesecloth (I use a thick papertowel) over a bowl and pour in the blueberry mixture.
- 3Gently press out the juice with a spoon or by twisting the cheesecloth. Discard the pulp and measure the juice into saucepan.
- 4Add 1/2 cup sugar for each cup of juice and cook over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- 5Bring to a boil and cook 2 minutes.
- 6Chill and pour into covered jar. Store in refrigerator.
- 7Add two tablespoons to each glass of prepared iced tea. Stir well and garnish with a lemon slice.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Drink Syrup for Blueberry Iced Tea
Serving Size: 1 (1266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1111.4
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 22.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 285.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.2 g
- Sugars 258.5 g
- Protein 4.3 g