Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 cup fresh blueberries or 1⁄2 cup frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon rind
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Stir often.
- Cover and chill thoroughly.
- Serve over fresh salads, steamed asparagus, fresh fruit salads, or grill or poached chicken.
Awesome dressing! Used this over a salad with blueberries, feta cheese and toasted pecans! The only thing I changed was to mash the blueberries a little bit to bring out the flavor. Used romaine lettuce. Absolutely fantastic! Even my husband who usually only likes creamy dressings loved this! definitely a keeper.
This deserves to be a best-seller! So fresh and delicious. I'm glad you posted such a wonderful, healthy recipe!
This recipe is GREAT. I am doing the low carb thing, so I used Splenda, still perfect, really nice taste and texture.