Recipe by startnover
This is a recipe I got from a bed and breakfast. Yummy, my kids finished of a batch tonight. This recipe would work well with fresh or frozen peaches or cherries, just cut into small pieces. They also freeze well.
Top Review by Cookie Puss
Oh my! These were the nastiest little buggers to work with. Definately a dough more than a mix. I sorely wish I had read the idea of shaping them into balls! They baked up nicely - but sooo ugly. The baptism by butter followed by a cin/sugar frolic made up for appearances. As to taste, it was hard to get much past the cin/sugar coating. Would have prefered more muffin pop and less sugar overload personally...oh but the kids enjoyed the high!
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cinnamon (full)
- 1⁄2-1 cup melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F and grease 24 mini muffin tins (this recipe works the best with mini muffins, but use large if you prefer, you will have adjust your cooking time accordingly).
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Combine wet ingredients in a separate bowl and stir with a whisk, and then stir blueberries into this.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and blend but do not over mix.
- Spoon muffins into tins, filling almost to top to make a nice crown.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes.
- Let cool in tins for 2 minutes, and then remove and place on rack to cool an additional 5 minutes.
- Stir sugar and cinnamon together.
- Dip muffins all the way in butter and then roll in sugar mixture. Serve at once.