Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Lillie Ross, another variation of the ever popular "diet soda" cakes. This recipe, calling for blueberries, only adds 15 calories per serving to the original Diet Soda Cake's 150 calories. It's very important to not mix the layers together.
- 453.59 g frozen blueberries or 453.59 g frozen mixed berries
- 510.29 g butter recipe cake mix
- 340.19 g diet 7-Up (Wild berry Plus)
- 118.29 ml walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly spray 9x12 pan with butter cooking spray(regular is fine).
- In true "dump cake " fashion, layer ingredients as follows:.
- 2nd--cake mix.
- 3rd--nuts, (if using).
- last--Diet mixed Berry 7up Plus.
- DO NOT MIX!
- Bake for about 35 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
- Serve hot or cold.
This cake was AWESOME! I used frozen mixed blackberries, raspberries and blueberries. I layered and didn't mix anything just like the directions said. I did use the walnuts but I used diet cherry 7-up. I was a little concerned when it came out of the oven because there were a few spots of cake powder where the soda didn't quite cover the cake. But I topped it with lite cool whip and hoped for the best. EVERYONE loved it! It came out juicy and sweet and rich tasting. This will be my new go-to for a quick and easy dessert, diet or not.