Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This was given to me by a friend in the upper penisula of Michigan. It is a favorite of everyones when blueberries come into season.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 (9 inch) pie shells, cooked and cooled (or double recipe with 11 x 14 cake pan and use 2 c flour, 1 stick oleo and 1 T sugar mix and pat int)
- Combined sugar, cornstarch, margarine, lemon juice and salt in sauce pan.
- Blend in water and 1 c blueberries.
- Bring to boil.
- Cook until thick.
- Stir in 2 c raw blueberries and chill about 1 hour.
- Spread 1/2 coolwhip in pie crust and spread blueberry filling on top.
- Chill 1-2 hours and garnish with remaining coolwhip and few fresh blueberries.
wonderful!!!I doubled the recipe and made 2.