Recipe by Dreamgoddess
My Mom is not a really big dessert person, and this is the only one she ever makes. I have to say if she's only going to make one, she picked a great one. Everyone in the family loves this!
Top Review by Mintara
Truly amazing! I took this to my parents' house for Christmas where it received rave reviews from everyone, adults and children alike. I used strawberry/rhubarb pie filling instead of blueberry, just a personal preference. I also used dream whip instead of cool whip and I mixed it together with the cream cheese & icing sugar. It was just the right consistency to spread easily over the pie filling. This will definitely be made again! EDIT: I've now made this twice and can definitely say that using dream whip instead of cool whip is key. Unlike the first time I made it, this Christmas I used cool whip and I could hardly spread the mixture over the wildberry pie filling that I used. It still tasted just as great, but the consistency was a lot harder to work with. Go with dream whip :)
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 can blueberry pie filling
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, margarine and nuts.
- Pat this mixture in an 8x12" baking dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes and let cool.
- Pour the blueberry pie filling on top of the crust.
- Combine the cream cheese and sugar.
- Spread on top of the blueberry pie filling.
- Top with cool whip and chill until ready to serve.