Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
My Mom is not a really big dessert person, and this is the only one she ever makes. I have to say if she's only going to make one, she picked a great one. Everyone in the family loves this!
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 can blueberry pie filling
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- Combine flour, margarine and nuts.
- Pat this mixture in an 8x12" baking dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes and let cool.
- Pour the blueberry pie filling on top of the crust.
- Combine the cream cheese and sugar.
- Spread on top of the blueberry pie filling.
- Top with cool whip and chill until ready to serve.
Truly amazing! I took this to my parents' house for Christmas where it received rave reviews from everyone, adults and children alike. I used strawberry/rhubarb pie filling instead of blueberry, just a personal preference. I also used dream whip instead of cool whip and I mixed it together with the cream cheese & icing sugar. It was just the right consistency to spread easily over the pie filling. This will definitely be made again! EDIT: I've now made this twice and can definitely say that using dream whip instead of cool whip is key. Unlike the first time I made it, this Christmas I used cool whip and I could hardly spread the mixture over the wildberry pie filling that I used. It still tasted just as great, but the consistency was a lot harder to work with. Go with dream whip :)
I usually do a variation on this recipe, with crumbled angel food cake at the bottom, then a layer with cream cheese, conf. sugar, and milk, then the blueberry filling layer, then cool whip on top... for the fourth of July we garnish with fresh strawberries and blueberries in the shape of the flag. =) Gets rave reviews every time, and it is a bit lighter with the angel food, perfect for hot summer weather.
The best dessert EVER! I have made this for years! The layers are in the wrong order though it should be crust, whipped cream layer, and then topped with the blueberry pie filling. AWESOME!!!