Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this in a Taste of Home Country Cooking Book. What a treat for everyone. I use peaches, strawberries--any fruit I have. Great with ice cream, too.
- Put berries in greased 8" square pan.
- Dribble juice over, and sprinkle with cinnamon Cream sugar and butter Add dry ingredients and milk.
- Mix til smooth.
- Spread over berries.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch.
- Sprinkle over batter.
- Pour boiling water carefully over.
- Bake 45-60 minutes at 350° till browned.
- Can be halved in a loaf pan.
This is a very good blueberry recipe, quick and easy also. I have made it several times, but with the listed sugar it is too sweet, I cut the sugar to about half and it is still delicious.
LOVE this recipe. Easy to prepare and even easier to enjoy.
I made a strawberry/raspberry combo using some homemade canned fruit. It is very sweet - I cut back a little. Great with vanilla ice cream!