Prep 24 hrs
Cook 25 mins
From Toni at Hope Lodge, a real shining light. This is the best blueberry cheese cake you will eat; everyone should put this in their cook book.
- 2 cups graham crackers
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) can blueberry pie filling
- For the crust, mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, cinnamon and melted butter together with a fork until well blended and crumbly. Press mixture into a 9x13 baking pan.
- For the filling, cream together the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Add eggs and beat well.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes. Do not overbake. Mixture will set up as it cools.
- When cool, completely cover with blueberry pie filling.
- Chill overnight.
In my opinion this recipe was just right on the sweetness scale. It was rich, creamy and delicious. I made a 1/4 amount which is really all I dare have on hand. The change's I made was to use Splenda for the sugar and the fresh picked blueberries from the Hutterites were sweet, juicy and perfect in this lovely recipe in place of the pie filling.
Good, but the cheesecake wasn't sweet enough to work well with the blueberries in this family. I scooped off all the blueberries I could and poured some syrup/juice from a jar of morello cherries over it. This sweetened it a great deal and kept a fruity flavor which worked well with the cheesecake part. I'd love to try this again with a cherry or raspberry reduction topping.
This dessert received mixed reviews - half of the family liked it and half didn't. I followed the recipe "as is" except for using the Blueberry Sauce from Recipe #69850and making it in a cheesecake form pan instead of a 9 by 13 pan. I thought it was very good and not too sweet.