Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 hrs
This is a beautiful and delicious pie from Emeril. Cook time ONLY includes time to bake the actual pie. :-) ENJOY!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 10 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whole milk, substitute at your own risk with other types of milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberry jam, slightly warm
- 1 blind-baked 10-inch pie shell
- 2 cups whipped cream, sweetened
- of fresh mint, to garnish
- First you will need to preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Take a large mixing bowl and combine your sugar and cinnamon.
- Proceed by whisking your egg yolks in one at a time, and then add salt at the end.
- Stir in the milk and vanilla.
- Next, spread the warmed jam evenly over the bottom of your pie shell.
- Pour the egg-milk mixture over the warm jam and bake in your preheated oven until the top is lightly browned and the center is set.
- This should take around 30 minutes.
- Remove from your oven and cool to room temperature.
- When ready to serve, slice the pie into individual servings and garnish with your sweetened whipped cream and mint sprigs.
Growing up in New York, I used to eat fresh blueberries all summer long. Now I live in Israel and fresh blueberries are at best an imported and tasteless treat (not to mention expensive). You can't imagine my delight at finding a recipe that could give me the pleasure of the fond memories of childhood combined with the ease of not having to buy those expensive little buggers (especially since it's not winter). I used a high quality blueberry jam. Even though the recipe claims that you substitute the milk at your own risk, I used vanilla flavored soymilk (I rarely make dairy desserts) and it came out great. Thanks for a lovely dessert!