Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Haven't tried this recipe yet but I have a feeling that it will be good, hence why I've posted it. Its taken from Nova Scotia Cooking and the write up before the recipe states that the yoghurt lightens the custard and with the lemon juice it makes a filling that is less sweet than the norm.
- 1 pie crust
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Pre-heat oven to 180C/ 350°F.
- Whisk together the eggs, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, yoghurt and lemon juice until smooth.
- Put the blueberries in the pie crust and carefully pour over the filling mix.
- Bake in oven for 55-60 mins or until the filling is set.
- Allow to cool on a rack and then chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
I had hoped that the custard of this pie would be similar to a sour cream raisin, except with blueberries. However, this seemed to be lacking the sweetness and creaminess that i wanted. My pie was dense custard layered over tart blueberries. It was interesting, but not something that we really cared for.