Recipe by Jenny Sanders
A lively blend of summer flavours. Not too sweet, just the way I like my jam.
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and pick over the blueberries.
- Set them aside.
- Wash and drain the currants.
- Put them in a pot with the water.
- Bring them to a boil, stirring frequently, until the berries are popped and the juice is flowing freely.
- Strain well, reserving the juice and discarding the stems and seeds.
- Put the juice in a preserving kettle with the sugar, and bring to a boil.
- Boil hard, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes.
- Add the blueberries, washed and picked over, and continue cooking for another 10 to 15 minutes, until the gelling point is reached.
- Put in hot sterilized jars, seal, and process in boiling water for 5 minutes.