Recipe by Naturalbohemian
This is really a delicious recipe, especially when blueberry season rolls around. It is really more a crunch than a cobbler, as is obvious from the ingredients. This recipe would also be delicious made with huckleberries or other wild blueberries. This recipe is from a "Land O Lakes" cookbook that I really love, and have made many of their recipes. This is a very down home recipe, that I think anyone who enjoys blueberries would love, especially with a bit of homemade ice cream, or vanilla custard sauce to top it off. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour or 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sweet creamy butter, melted
- 6 cups fresh blueberries or 6 cups frozen blueberries, thawed, drained
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the crust ingredients.
- Beat at medium speed on mixer, scraping bowl often, until crumbly (1 to 2 minutes).
- Press 2 cups of the crumb mixture on bottom of ungreased 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Place blueberries over the crumb crust.
- In 2-qt saucepan combine remaining filling ingredients except vanilla.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring the mixture occasionally, until it thickens and comes to a full boil(18 to 22 minutes).
- Continue boiling for 1 minute.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Pour over blueberries; sprinkle with the remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until lightly browned.