Recipe by pamela t.
This recipe comes from Jan Barley of Evergreen, North Dakota, a reader of Cooking with Paula Deen. This is an easy "dump" cake and couldn't be more tasty. My husband loved this. And yes, it has butter--Paula Deen's favorite ingredient!
Top Review by Teekee2
I was just asked to make this again! Everyone loved it, I left the nuts out for fear of allergies at group parties, but it still tastes great. I have used blueberry, raspberry, and strawberry pie filling. All taste great! Thanks for this super easy and super quick recipe. Best one so far!
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 (21 ounce) can blueberry pie filling
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box butter recipe cake mix
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour pineapple with juice into a 9 x 13" pan.
- Spread evenly over the bottom.
- Spoon pie filling on top evenly.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix and level with a fork.
- Sprinkle pecans over the cake mix.
- Drizzle with melted butter
- Bake 38 to 45 minutes until browned and bubbly.
- You can use fresh blueberries in place of the filling. Add 1/2 cup sugar and juice of one lemon. Let stand 20 minutes.
- You may also substitute strawberries, blackberries, cherries, peaches or raspberries.