Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Not sure where I got this recipe from--on another website somewhere I think. Kind of a "dump" style recipe. Use fresh berries, canned or frozen (thawed).
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3 cups blueberries
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 by 13 inch baking pan.
- Spread undrained pineapple evenly in pan.
- Follow with the blueberries.
- Sprinkle 3/4 cup sugar over the blueberries.
- Sprinkle the cake mix evenly over the blueberries.
- Drizzle the melted margarine evenly over the cake mix; followed by the 1/4 cup sugar and the pecans.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
My grandmother used to make this, but I didn't have the recipe. Found it on here, and it's wonderful!!! And so very easy.
Your birthday thread had me print this recipe - so happy it caught my eye! Another of those 'I can't believe it's a cake mix' - that makes for a great tasting dessert in a hurry. I used our 'Saskatchewan saskatoons' along with the pecans and plan on giving the blueberries a go next time around. Thank you for a recipe that I can proudly add to my dessert table.
Instead of yellow cake mix I used lemon cake mix which added a good tangy twist the the flavors. I would agree to cut down on the sugar over the blueberries. But this was a great quick recipe. Husband and friend at work loved it.