1 hr 10 mins
This is from The Montreal Gazette. It looks yummy, and I'll probably try in the fall when the prices are cheap at the open markets. Executive chef Christian Mertenat created the recipe, though, and the newspaper got a hold of it. Since I have not made this recipe yet, the prep time is a guess estimate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 genoise cake, store bought cut into thin slices
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup ground hazelnuts
- 1 cup coarsely chopped hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 4 egg whites
- icing sugar, for sprinkling
Pastry shell (makes 1 10 inch tart shell)
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2For the pastry shell, mix sugar, flour and salt in a bowl.
- 3Cut in butter until the mixture forms a coarse shell. Add eggs and mix just enough to form a ball.
- 4Allow to refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 5On a floured board, roll out dough to a 12 inch circle. Place it on a fluted tart shell or pie plate, and let it chill for another 20 minutes.
- 6Prick all over with fork. Put a piece of parchment paper on top of the pie shell and place dry beans or weights.
- 7Bake for 10 minutes in a 350 degrees F oven, until the pastry is partially baked.
- 8Keep the oven on a 350 degrees F.
- 9For the crumble, line the partially baked tart shell with thin layers of cake slices to soak up the blueberry juice (you will have leftover slices of cake).
- 10Place the blueberries on top.
- 11In a bowl mix together sugar, hazelnuts, cornstarch and egg whites (unbeaten).
- 12Spread this crunmble over the blueberries, and sprinkle generously.
- 13Bake the pie for 40 minutes, until the topping is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Crumble Tart
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 612.6
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 83.3 mg
- Sodium 192.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 58.1 g
- Protein 9.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: