An excellent treat for blueberry fans. Enjoy!
Make and share this Blueberry Crumble Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (or Frozen)
For the Topping
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, Softened
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease one 8x8 square cake pan.
- Cream together 3/4 cup sugar, shortening and egg.
- In a separate bowl, mix 2 cups flour, baking powder and salt. Stir it into the sugar mixture with the milk. Stir in the blueberries, then pour it all into the pan.
- For the topping : Combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon and butter (or margarine). Sprinkle it over the cake batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
This was very quick and easy to make - and also delicious. We have an abundance of blueberries, and this was a nice recipe to add to my collection to use them up! Thanks for sharing.