Prep 1 hr
Cook 50 mins
Make and share this Blueberry Crumble Bars recipe from Food.com.
Brown Sugar Crust
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 11 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Position oven rack in the center of the oven; preheat the oven to 350°; grease the bottom and sides of a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Add flour, brown sugar, and salt to a food processor; pulse a few times to blend.
- Scatter the butter cubes over the flour mixture and process until the mixture resembles coarse meal, with a few pea-sized pieces of butter, about 6 seconds.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, lemon zest, and vanilla extract until blended.
- Add the egg mixture to the food processor and process for a few seconds, just until the dough is blended but still crumbly (do not allow the dough to form a ball around the blade, or the crust will be tough.).
- Turn the dough out into the prepared pan; with floured fingertips, press the dough evenly into the bottom of the pan (reflour fingers as necessary); set aside.
- Make the filling: in a bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and ginger; add in the blueberries and toss to coat well.
- Spread the blueberry mixture evenly over the crust.
- Make the topping: in a bowl stir together the flour, sugars, cinnamon, and salt until blended.
- Stir in the melted butter until the mixture comes together; sprinkle the topping evenly over the blueberry filling.
- Bake the bars for 48 to 50 minutes, until the topping is lightly browned and the filling is bubbling.
- Cool the bars completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- Cut into 24 bars.