1 hr 50 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Brown Sugar Crust
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 11 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1Position oven rack in the center of the oven; preheat the oven to 350°; grease the bottom and sides of a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- 2Add flour, brown sugar, and salt to a food processor; pulse a few times to blend.
- 3Scatter the butter cubes over the flour mixture and process until the mixture resembles coarse meal, with a few pea-sized pieces of butter, about 6 seconds.
- 4In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, lemon zest, and vanilla extract until blended.
- 5Add the egg mixture to the food processor and process for a few seconds, just until the dough is blended but still crumbly (do not allow the dough to form a ball around the blade, or the crust will be tough.).
- 6Turn the dough out into the prepared pan; with floured fingertips, press the dough evenly into the bottom of the pan (reflour fingers as necessary); set aside.
- 7Make the filling: in a bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and ginger; add in the blueberries and toss to coat well.
- 8Spread the blueberry mixture evenly over the crust.
- 9Make the topping: in a bowl stir together the flour, sugars, cinnamon, and salt until blended.
- 10Stir in the melted butter until the mixture comes together; sprinkle the topping evenly over the blueberry filling.
- 11Bake the bars for 48 to 50 minutes, until the topping is lightly browned and the filling is bubbling.
- 12Cool the bars completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- 13Cut into 24 bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Crumble Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.2
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 30.4 mg
- Sodium 56.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 18.4 g
- Protein 1.7 g