Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These bars can be changed by changing the berries -- you can use blackberries, raspberries, or strawberries.
- Beat 1 cup butter, 2/3 cup powdered sugar and vanilla with a mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in 1 1/2 cups flour on low speed until just combined. Press dough firmly onto the bottom of a greased jelly-roll (15x10) pan. Bake at 375º for 20 minutes or until golden. Let cool and set aside.
- Combine berries, sugar, cornstarch and water in a saucepan. Heat to boiling, stirring frequently; boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine oats, remaining flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse brumbs. Set aside.
- Spread berry mixture over cooled crust. Sprinkle oat mixture over berries.
- Bake at 375º for 35-40 minutes or until berry mixture bubbles and top is golden.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Sprinkle with remaining powdered sugar. Cut into bars.
The fam now has a new favorite blueberry dessert... I just added more crumbs for the top. Turned out great.