Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe came from Relish Mag
- 3 pints blueberries
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 lemon, zest of
- lemon juice (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Combine berries, sugar, cornstarch, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon zest; toss gently. Add lemon juice if berries are not tart enough for your tastes. Spoon fruit mixture into a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or fork until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprikle over fruit.
- Bake at 375 degrees until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly in the center - about 45 minutes.
Very good and easy! I've made similar recipe and this one is delicious. Thanks for sharing!