Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
After looking around for this recipe and not finding it, I kind of adapted one on my own. It comes out pretty and delicious and a dollop of Cool Whip on top is lovely.
- 1 unbaked 9 inch deep dish pie shell
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon orange juice or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Place pie crust into pie pan and crimp edges as desired.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all filling ingredients gently.
- Pour evenly into pie plate.
- Combine flour and sugar for topping and cut in butter until mixture resembles course crumbs (I use my fingers for this).
- Sprinkle evenly over filling.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until filling starts to bubble and crust is lightly browned.
- Cover edges with foil if crust is browning too quickly.
This was easier to make than I had thought. I couldn't find fresh blueberries at the grocery store so I bought the kind in a can...and it still came out delicious! It only took a few minutes to whip it together and the oven did the rest:)
Wonderful - my husband said that this is the best pie he ever had! It was so easy to make. I used fresh blueberries from the farmers market. Thanks for sharing!
Delicious! Used some blueberries that I had frozen from the summer. My whole family loved this. Thanks for sharing!