Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
As soon as I saw this title, I just knew it was something I'd have to make. And......it's everything I though it would be. Moist and flavourful, with a wonderful 'crumb' topping. I found it on "a pinch of sugar" recipe blog. The writer - Jen T - mentions that she adapted it from a 'Dorie Greenspan' recipe
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold, cut into bits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4-1 cup blueberries, I prefer the lesser amount
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line or butter muffin tin.
- To make topping: put flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl and toss together. Add in the cold butter bits, and toss to coat, then use your fingers to rub the butter into the dry ingredients until you have irregularly shaped crumbs. Set aside the mix in the refrigerator while you prepare the batter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the brown sugar.
- In another bowl, whisk the melted butter, eggs, milk, and vanilla together until well combined.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry, and fold together quickly to blend. Fold in the blueberries. The batter will be lumpy.
- Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups, sprinkle some topping over each muffin, and use your fingertips to gently press the crumbs into the batter.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the tops are golden and a thin knife inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from the tin.
I don't know why, but my muffins weren't as moist as I thought they would be. I'm on the fence about these. I gave them a four because hopefully they'll be better later. I may attempt to make these again. They were good aside from being dry, maybe next time I'll bake them for under 20 minutes. Thanks for the recipe :)
Love this recipe!! Do moist and tasty.
Wow! I just made these muffins for the first time a couple of days ago and there are absolutely delicious. My family ate them up instantly. I used a heaping cup full of blueberries and they were perfect. Any less would have made the muffins dry. The recipe was very easy and pretty quick.