- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs, separated (room temperature)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour and sugar.
- Cut in butter until it looks like small pea size crumbs.
- Reserve 3/4 cup of crumb mixture and set aside.
- Add baking powder, salt, the 2 egg yolks, milk, and vanilla to the remaining flour mixture.
- Beat for 3 minutes.
- Beat the 2 egg whites until stiff but not dry and fold them into batter.
- Spread batter into lightly greased and floured 9x11 pan.
- Arrange blueberries over batter.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes.
- Serve warm or cooled.