A moist, lightly textured cake. Can be served at brunch, breakfast, snack, or as dessert. A great way to use up those summer blueberries!
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour and sugar.
- Cut in butter until it looks like small pea size crumbs.
- Reserve 3/4 cup of crumb mixture and set aside.
- Add baking powder, salt, the 2 egg yolks, milk, and vanilla to the remaining flour mixture.
- Beat for 3 minutes.
- Beat the 2 egg whites until stiff but not dry and fold them into batter.
- Spread batter into lightly greased and floured 9x11 pan.
- Arrange blueberries over batter.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes.
- Serve warm or cooled.