Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
From the Closet Cooking blog.
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg (separated)
- 0.75 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 cups blueberries
- Mix the butter, flours, rolled oats, sugar, salt and baking powder in a large bowl until it forms crumbs.
- Set 1 cup of the mixture aside for the topping.
- Mix the egg white into the mixture.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a greased 8 inch square baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix the egg yolk into the sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and zest and let it sit.
- Spread the blueberries out over the bottom crust and top with the lemon mixture.
- Bake until the lemon mixture forms a shiny skin, about 7-8 minutes.
- Sprinkle on the reserved crumbs.
- Bake until the top is golden brown and the sides are bubbling, about 20-25 minutes.