Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I was really totally skeptical when I saw the secret ingredient for this crisp, but since the recipe was coming from our local paper (they haven't done me wrong so far) I figured that I would try it. As our good friend was coming over for supper, what a perfect opportunity to try it out! It is not as sweet as some crisps I have tried, but it did blend in perfectly with the blueberries, that I had a hard time trying to keep my paws out of it!! This topping could be equally delicious over any other local fruit.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a 8 x 8-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking oil, arrange blueberries; set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, oats and cinnamon. Stir in mayonnaise.
- With a wooden spoon, combine ingredients until well combined. Spread mixture evenly over blueberries.
- Bake 30 minutes or until topping is golden.
- Serve with ice cream if desired.
- Note: This can be made up in advance and warmed up gently (200 oven, 10 - 15 minutes) before serving.