Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
What a delight these little babies are!! And they are healthy too!! Blueberries are very high in Vitamin C and are renown for their antioxidant capability. Can't get better than delicious and healthy and the same time!!
- 2 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1 tablespoon butter, for greasing pan
- 2 1⁄2 cups blueberries, unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Line a 9x9x2-inch pan with heavy aluminum foil, letting the foil extend over the ends of the pan. Butter the foil.
- Crust: Mix the crumbs and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter and then add to the crumbs, combining well.
- Press the crumb mixture evenly over the bottom and 1/2 inch up onto the side of the foil sides.
- Bake for 6 minutes.
- Filling: Mix all filling ingredients together in a large bowl, then spread over the prepared crust.
- Topping: Mix flour, both sugars, and salt in a large bowl. Using a pastry blender or an electric mixer on low speed, cut in the cold butter until crumbs are about 1/2 inch i size.
- Sprinkle evenly over the filling.
- Bake for about 40 minutes until the crumb topping is golden brown and the filling just begins to bubble.
- Leave the bars in the baking pan to cool thoroughly on a wire rack about two hours.
- Loosen the foil from the sides. Cut into 15 bars and use a wide spatula to slide the squares off the foil.
Oh my gosh! this was to die for. I completely loved it, and it was so easy to make. Thank you so much for posting this recipe.