Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe in the Cooking Light archives. I love fruit crisps, as we get so much fruit given to us from our berry grower friends. If you are looking for a dessert with lots of taste, lower in calories....this is the one!!!
- Preheat oven to 375°. Thaw berries if frozen.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl; spoon into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- Oatmeal Topping: In the food processor, place 2/3 cup flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, oats, and cinnamon, and pulse 2 times or until combined. Add butter; pulse 4 times or until mixture resembles coarse meal. (So not to over process, I took the topping out and finished combining the butter with my hands).
- Sprinkle over the blueberry mixture. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve with frozen yogurt or low fat ice cream.
So good! Found this on cooking light.com and was searching to post. Glad it's already here! CL suggests blueberries, blackberries, or cherries, or a mixture of all three. I used huge frozen blackberries with wonderful results. Saucy, packed with fruit, and just the right amount of topping. We didn't bother to top with frozen yogurt or ice cream, it's perfect as is. My boys loved this, and ate the entire dish in one sitting. Then they licked their plates. Can't wait to try blueberries and cherries. We love fruit desserts, and I'll definitely make this again. Thanks for sharing the recipe!