Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love to make this when blueberries are in season.
- 8 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place blueberries in a 9x13 baking pan; sprinkle with lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg and sprinkle over berries and toss lightly.
- Combine topping ingredients and crumble evenly over berries.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
- Recipe may be halved and baked in a 9 x 9 square pan.
I made this for work and I just looked and it was eaten all up!!! Considering I bake something every Friday for work and nothing ever has gone this fast, I have to say that this is a favorite. I will definitely make this delicious crisp again. I had to use frozen blueberries, but it worked out great. Thank you for posting this wonderful recipe. Also, I had a piece of this fresh out of the oven and it was DIVINE!
Very good! We had a piece for breakfast too! Minus the ice cream of course.
There are no words to describe how fantastic this is! I will be making this over and over all summer long!!!! Thanks so much for the post!!!! I would give 10 stars if I could!!!