Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
From the Blue Bonnet website. Posting for safe keeping. This is similar to a bluberry cheesecake but in bar form. Times are approximate and do NOT include chill time.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, cold
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (21 ounce) can blueberry pie filling
- .Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix Blue Bonnet, flour and brown sugar in medium bowl with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Remove 1-1/2 cups of the crumb mixture; set aside for later use.
- Press remaining crumb mixture firmly onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish. Bake 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and granulated sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Add egg; mix well. Blend in sour cream and vanilla; set aside.
- Spread blueberry filling evenly onto crust; top with the cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with the reserved 1-1/2 cups crumb mixture.
- Bake 35 minutes, or until center is almost set. Cool completely at room temperature.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours before cutting into 36 bars to serve.