Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
By far the most popular pie I make! I usually make it for the 4th of July and everyone goes crazy for it. Last year I got smart and made 3 of them and I actually got to eat a slice!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine 1 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, and salt in medium bowl. Add eggs and sour cream, stirring until blended.
- Place blueberries in pie crust, and spoon sour cream mixture over berries.
- In a separate bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup flour. Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Sprinkle this mixture over sour cream and berries in pie shell.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until lightly browned.
Simply excellent. I actually decreased the sugar to 3/4 cup and it was just right. Used 2 eggs and 1 cup sour cream and might have had enough filling for 2 regular pies (not deep dish). Used a full 18 oz. carton of fresh berries. Filled the shell right to the top, it set up beautifully and didn't run over. I decreased the topping to 2 T. sugar, 3 T. flour, 1-1/2 T. butter and added 3 T. finely chopped pecans. After chilling, It cut into firm slices...not at all runny. Served with vanilla ice cream. A summer delight!
I made this for our Father's Day celebration and everyone loved it. The fresh blueberry tartness makes this not too sweet. In fact I think next time I would add a little bit more sugar for my taste but this pie was beautiful and tasted wonderful. Thanks for sharing this great recipe!
I baked this last night and was very glad I made two of them! I loved the tartness of the blueberries and the custard mixture was just enough sweetness to enhance but not too sweet! Will make this many times!