Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
We have an abundance of blueberries in our area and I am developing new recipes to use them as they are so good, fresh or frozen. This cheesecake is delicious.
- 3⁄4 cup graham wafer crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped blanched almond
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon tapioca starch or 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine graham wafer crumbs, vanilla wafer crumbs, 1/4 cup of sugar and almonds.
- Cut in butter using a pastry blender or a fork, until mixture is crumbly.
- Press crumb mixture into an 11 inch x 1 1/2 inch spring-form pan.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, beat together egg, vanilla and almond extract.
- Drizzle mixture over crumb mixture in pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until firmed and no longer shiny.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Spoon 3 cups of blueberries evenly over base.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar over the blueberries.
- In a mixing bowl using an electric mixer, combine cream cheese, sour cream, 3/4 cup sugar, eggs and lemon juice and mix until well blended and smooth.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over blueberries.
- Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until center of cake is barely firm to the touch.
- Remove cake from oven and immediately run a knife around inside rim to loosen cake; let cool on rack in pan.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours.
- Puree' 1 cup of blueberries.
- In a small saucepan, combine blueberry puree', sugar and lemon juice; cook over medium heat to just boil and the sugar is dissolved.
- In a cup, mix together tapioca starch with 3 teaspoons of cold water until smooth.
- While sauce mixture is boiling slightly, add tapioca mixture stirring continuously until sauce thickens slightly.
- TO SERVE-----------.
- Remove sides of spring form pan before cutting cheesecake.
- Spoon some sauce on each serving plate; place a piece of cheesecake in pool of sauce, then spoon more sauce over top of cheesecake.
Served this at 4th of July and it received rave reviews. I had never made a cheesecake either but it was easy and wonderful. I served this with a simple blueberry sauce as well. Can't get enough blueberrys!
We WERE NOT LAZY and did the entire recipe from scratch-including the blueberry sauce. That's right! The blueberry sauce. Overall it was a fantastic recipe and one that we would recommend to anyone. On a side note we found that if you are going to buy the sauce and / or base you should probably buy a whole cheese cake weenies. God Bless. Derek & Laura
too lazy to make crust, and didn't thicken the sauce. everything else as specified(fresh blueberries) and it was awesome. there was too much batter for my ready made crust, so baked the excess in a bowl.also great.only had time for 4 hour cooling and was very good, but truly awesome the next day. thanks for a real treat!